Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm a "Mac" Girl!

Today I had an epiphany while working my new job.  I was using a very old and very well used company issued HP laptop computer when this epiphany happened.  I've worked with many PC's and many different laptops.  So I'm pretty computer savvy in the PC world - so I thought.

Last night while trying to learn the "ropes" of my new job and the company's computer system - I realized that I had a hard time figuring out how the darn laptop turned on.  Brain cramp at its best!  I could hear my husband chuckling at me too.  As I booted up the computer and tried to navigate through the "operating system" and the "company managed interactive website" I realized that I just didn't like working on the PC.  I was missing my iMac.  Everything on my iMac is so intuitive - AND - I miss the ability to just drag my files from one place to another.  This PC "save as" feature is quite cumbersome.

If I couldn't get anymore frustrated, Excel, did not look the same as my "Excel" on the Mac.  I had to almost relearn things.

Navigating the internet is so much easier as I can open up so many different sites and toggle back and forth so smoothly on my iMac and with this silly PC I feel like I've taken steps backwards in simple computer literacy.

After working for 4+ hours on my PC today, I couldn't wait to run over and hug my iMac and spend some quality time with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment