Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Humph!

I'm having one of those days today!

Yesterday my son had an infusion of IV medicine to test to see if it will help "normalize" his platelet function.  I guess I put a lot of stake in this "medicine's" ability to do the trick unknowingly, because today we found out "unofficially" that it appears the medicine didn't work at all and I'm quite disappointed and was a bit surprised.

Not so sure why I felt it would work.  I guess it's the "growing optimist" in me.  I'm not always an optimist, I probably land in the gray area leaning closer to pessimist to be truly honest.  For some reason I really had it in my head that this was going to do the trick.  It did "jack diddly".  Humph, I say to that!

So if having to poke my child 3 times yesterday trying to get an IV in his little preschooler arms wasn't enough, we come to find out that it also appears that not enough blood specimen was obtained to run the full blood work panel on his platelets.  We're hoping that since the numbers looked the same as before the medicine was administered, they will just accept that it didn't work and not feel the need to repeat the infusion and testing.  I hate to put Donovan through another IV ordeal!  Especially since he still needs a blood draw for the celiac gene testing we've been putting off.

We are waiting to hear from the hematologist to get the "official" results and find out the next step, if any, regarding this damn platelet function issue my son has.

This whole Noonans Syndrome is starting to "piss me off" too.  Yes, I guess I'm grouchy today.  Humph, I say, Humph!!!!!  and maybe add in a few expletives for good measure &%$# and *&^@#!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment