Sunday, May 20, 2012

So what have I been doing this Spring?

Lots and lots of home improvement projects.

What started out as fixing a broken kitchen faucet, finally decorating our dining room and the last kitchen appliance that needed to be "stainless steel" turned into a flurry of painting and decorating.

The dining room was our focus but after painting the dining room, the kitchen wall coloring swore horribly against the clean colors of the dining room.  So I had to paint the kitchen area so when looking into the dining room from the kitchen the kitchen didn't look so "blahhh".  Then of course, we may as well paint the morning room (since that's where our kitchen table is).

I was all done with painting for a while and Jon had to go and knock a shelf off of the family room wall that pulled the mollies right out of the wall.  So yep, may as well paint that room too.  The kitchen and family room are pretty much one great big room anyway, so may as well make it look like it belongs together!  Oh I must not forget to tell you that I did all the painting myself (ok, most of it - Jon may have painted a wall).

We added a backsplash and new morning room light fixture!  Two projects that Jon and I handled on our own.  After almost 9 years of marriage, we're finally getting better about co-working on home improvement projects!  Just a little bit of curse words slipped out this time around!

I must say I absolutely love how all the rooms turned out.  Thanks to Lowes, Ikea, World Market, JoAnn Fabrics, Home Depot, Crate & Barrel and CB2 - I love, love, love my house now!

Enjoy the pictures.














1 comment:

  1. *big smiles* we have the same orange and the same yellow! looking good lady! : )

    ReplyDelete